You’ll want to see the news conference scheduled by NASA at 1300 EST (1800 UTC) today, an exoplanet finding of considerable interest to Centauri Dreams readers (I’ll have more on this later in the day). The event will air live on NASA Television and the agency’s website. Links available here.
* Thomas Zurbuchen, associate administrator of the Science Mission Directorate at NASA Headquarters in Washington
* Michael Gillon, astronomer at the University of Liege in Belgium
* Sean Carey, manager of NASA’s Spitzer Science Center at Caltech/IPAC, Pasadena, California
* Nikole Lewis, astronomer at the Space Telescope Science Institute in Baltimore
* Sara Seager, professor of planetary science and physics at Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge
A Reddit AMA (Ask Me Anything) about exoplanets will be held following the briefing at 1500 EST (2000 UTC) with scientists available to answer questions in English and Spanish.